Managing, Editing, & Production
“A good editor is someone who cares a little less about the author’s needs than the reader’s”
― Dene October
Need someone to wrangle words on your website for content, SEO, and copyediting? Or oversee a team in producing blog posts, landing pages, product descriptions, emails, and other copy? Look no further. I can work onsite (in and around Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia) or remotely.
- Edit, manage, optimize, and implement digital content via WordPress for websites, email, and social media.
- Lead teams of 10-15 freelance writers and editors to create engaging, high-quality copy for blogs, landing pages, email newsletters, guest posts, and social media.
- Track, edit, and enhance content for clarity, readability, SEO, social sharing, user experience, and monetization via ads or affiliate marketing.
- Curate, fact check, produce and share engaging, relevant, and timely stories across all communications channels to promote engagement and growth.
- Prepare and implement a content plan, editorial calendar, while identifying trending news and topics to assign.
- Provide appropriate visuals and coordinate with designers and graphic artists to create them.
- Analyze statistics from Google Analytics, AdSense, Facebook, and WordPress to increase traffic, ad revenues, engagement, and search rankings.
- Use the above tools plus tools like BuzzSumo, SEMrush, and Ahrefs to identify content opportunities and areas in need of improvement.
- Develop style guides and document standard operating procedures (SOPs) for tasks and processes.
I also do content audits, optimize websites for search, and design or redesign websites on WordPress. For more about the websites I’ve worked on, see below.