Architecture Restoration, Content for Site Launch, 2017
I was pleased as punch when the content director at Income Store assigned this to my team. After all, I’ve always had a fascination with history, architecture, and old houses. Plus my husband and I have our share of DIY home improvement projects. This site was scheduled to launch on a tight deadline, so we all got to work!
- Role: Content specialist/managing editor
- Link to Site: ArchitectureRestoration.Com
- Project Description: Created a content plan with sections, topics, and 25 articles for site launch. Researched focus keyword phrases and LSI keywords. Produced outlines and clickable titles for the writing and editing team. Oversaw editing and optimizing for SEO and readability. Tracked and reported on the status of our content.
- Sections: DIY and Hacks, Décor, Stay True to Your Style, and Architectural Style (Colonial, Classical, Victorian, Contemporary, Craftsman, Modern).
- Sampling of articles:
- The 13 Oldest Homes in America…With People Still Living in Them
- Large Front Porches Make a Comeback: History, Ideas, and Designs
- Extreme Queen Anne Fixers: ‘She Suddenly Felt Her Foot Go Through the Floor’
- 15 Insanely Great Ideas for Your Craftsman House
- Authentic, Energy-Efficient Windows for the Home with History
- Tools: WordPress, Photoshop, Yoast SEO Plugin, AHREFs – Competitive Research Tools and SEO Backlink Checker, MozBar, SemRush, Google Sheets, and Grammarly.
Content Specialist, The Income Store, 2017-2018
- Edited, managed, and implemented digital content for an Inc. 500 company’s web properties.
- Oversaw a team of 10-15 writers and editors to create engaging, high-quality content for Income Store websites.
- Tracked, edited, and optimized content for clarity, readability, SEO, social sharing, user experience (UX), and monetization.
- Worked closely with Marketing Strategy Director to create content plans using relevant keywords with high traffic and low keyword difficulty scores.
- Used Google Analytics, BuzzSumo, SEMrush, and AHREFs to identify content opportunities and areas in need of improvement.
- Created style guides and documented standard operating procedures (SOPs) for tasks and processes.