Borrowing Better – How Can I Buy a House with No Money Down? (Or Just a Little)
- Role: Content specialist/managing editor
- Focus keyword phrase: No money down
- Meta description: Does buying a home with no money down — or 6 percent down or less — sound too good to be true? Yet 60 percent of first-time homebuyers do it this way.
- Website: BorrowingBetter.Com, a site about personal finance, credit, and buying a home.
- Link to the original post: https://borrowingbetter.com/no-money-down/
- Project description: Generated ideas, focus keyword phrases, and outlines for a series of 15 articles on key aspects of buying and refinancing a home. Used A-HREFs to find relevant keywords with high search volumes and low keyword difficulties. Applied Google Search suggestions for latent semantical indexing (LSI) words. Used MozBar to apply followed links with high domain authority. Assigned posts with outlines, focus keyword phrases, and LSI words to the freelance writing team. Tracked and reported on status of posts using Google Sheets. Edited content for clarity, accuracy, and SEO. Also chose featured images and (for this post) created a composite in Photoshop from two Public Domain photos.
- Tools: WordPress, Photoshop, Yoast SEO Plugin, AHREFs – Competitive Research Tools and SEO Backlink Checker, MozBar, SemRush, and Grammarly.
View the Sample Article
You can read the article below, or you can click here to view a PDF version. Please note that the post includes screen captured images for the embedded social media and videos. But if you click on them, the links will take you to the live media.
Content Specialist, The Income Store, 2017-2018
- Edited, managed, and implemented digital content for an Inc. 500 company’s web properties.
- Oversaw a team of 20 writers and editors to create engaging, high-quality content for Income Store websites.
- Tracked, edited, and optimized content for clarity, readability, SEO, social sharing, user experience (UX), and monetization.
- Worked closely with Marketing Strategy Director to create content plans using relevant keywords with high traffic and low keyword difficulty scores.
- Used Google Analytics, BuzzSumo, SEMrush, and AHREFs to identify content opportunities and areas in need of improvement.
- Created style guides and documented standard operating procedures (SOPs) for tasks and processes.