7 Great Ways to Find Freelance Writing Jobs: A Quick Guide
- Role: Content specialist/editor (for heavy rewrite)
- Focus keyword phrase: Freelance writing jobs
- Meta description: We’ve talked about getting into freelance writing and ways to make freelance writing pay. But where are the freelance writing jobs and how do you find them?
- Website: Wiki Professional, a comprehensive online resource for job seekers and career changers.
- Link to the original post: https://www.wikiprofessional.org/wiki/freelance-writing-jobs/
- Project description: Researched and edited/rewrote article with relevant links to sites with high domain authority. This was one of my first projects for The Income Store (see below), where I started out as a freelancer.
- Tools: WordPress, Yoast SEO Plugin, and Grammarly.
View the Article
You can read the article below, or you can click here to view a PDF version. Please note that the post includes screen captured images for the embedded social media and videos. But if you click on them, the links will take you to the live media.
Content Specialist, The Income Store, 2017-2018
- Edited, managed, and implemented digital content for an Inc. 500 company’s web properties.
- Oversaw a team of 20 writers and editors to create engaging, high-quality content for Income Store websites.
- Tracked, edited, and optimized content for clarity, readability, SEO, social sharing, user experience (UX), and monetization.
- Worked closely with Marketing Strategy Director to create content plans using relevant keywords with high traffic and low keyword difficulty scores.
- Used Google Analytics, BuzzSumo, SEMrush, and AHREFs to identify content opportunities and areas in need of improvement.
- Created style guides and documented standard operating procedures (SOPs) for tasks and processes.